With delivery time drawing near, we decided to get our shopping done. After months of discussion and research, we are happy to try out a few but necessary items.
- Maternity Belt
- Leacho Maternity Pillow
- Ritmo Pregnancy Music player (didn’t use this one much since I am not sure if I will bother the babies when they are asleep)
- Ergo Baby Carrier with Infant Insert (both with organic options)
- My Brest Friend Twin Plus Deluxe Nursing Pillow
- Snuggle Nest Infant Co-sleeper (got them used from Craigslist @ $20 each)
- Satsuma Designs Organic Hats and Blankets
- Car seats (got them used from Craigslist @ $25 each)
Our biggest decision was based on the belief that we do not want to carry our kids in car seats or strollers everywhere. Even though the Orbit Baby looks really appealing, the skin-to-skin approach makes a lot of sense, so baby carriers are a better option for us. We want to try out the co-sleeper as well when they are young, since that way we can respond to their needs quicker. My tmott buddy Callie and friend Christine also highly recommended Moby wrap so we might get one of those as well.
At the tmott consignment sale, we bought tons of infant wear for under 70 dollars, probably will be enough for the first 6 months, we already had plenty of organic onesies so we should have enough clothes for them. The only thing we need to think about is the diapers, Kathy told me about the Triangle Diaper Service so we might give that a try at the very beginning, but we want to stick to cloth diapers. The gDiaper sounds very interesting, which uses disposable but biodegradable refills, however the reviews don’t seem to be very convincing especially the leaking issues. So we will try out different cloth diaper brands, and styles and just have to see what will work for us.
Oh boy, it’s fun to shop for tons of stuff on Amazon, we also got the newest Samsung HMX-U20 camcorder, it’s small and actually a full-HD camcorder, at the amazing price of $150!